Coco-Nutty Crusted Halibut





Being an Alaskan girl, I am a fish freak. I love it and now and then I'm lucky enough to get hold of some when my parents make special shipments from back home. Lately it's been a lot of halibut so I've been trying to come up with new and creative ways to cook it.

The other evening I tried this nut and coconut crusted variety and my goodness it was wonderful! Of course...I tweaked the original, because I just can't help myself. For example, if you have macadamia nuts they would be wonderful and are what the original called for, but they're a bit pricy so I used almonds and think it's still delicious!


Pictured with my focaccia bread.



Coco-Nutty Crusted Halibut


Ingredients:
2 1/2 lbs of Halibut (skinned, boned and what have you)
1 can Coconut Milk (full fat not Light)
1/4 cup Agave
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
3/4 cup Sliced Almonds
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
4 Tbs honey
3 Tbs butter

Preheat your oven to 425°F.

Combine coconut milk and agave in a large bowl or baking dish, whisking well.

 Marinate halibut in the milk and agave mixture for 30 minutes or longer.

Meanwhile, pulse nuts in a food processor until they're crushed well.

Add the panko and shredded coconut and pulse a few times, so that it's well combined.

You can either put the mixture on a plate, a wide bowl, a tray, or even a baggie (ala shake and bake style). Whatever is easiest for you to coat your fish.

Once the halibut is coated set it out on a baking tray. I line mine with a silicone mat, but you could use foil as well.

Melt the butter and add the honey. Drizzle it over the halibut.

Bake for 15 minutes uncovered. I always check the largest piece to be sure it's done through. Fish will take on a more white appearance instead of being translucent.




When I made this I actually split the bread crumbs in half and made the dish over two nights as it's just feeding two. I would definitely recommend marinating it over night. It was even tastier on day two. But the quick marinade works if you're not planning too far in advance.

I believe you could also do this recipe with another mild white fish like Talapia.



posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave comments. Please remain civil. .

Newer Post Older Post Home
Telitha Gildersleeve©. Powered by Blogger.

Search

About

Welcome to my little corner of the crazy. I can't promise I will always have something intelligent to say. Or that my wit will always leave you laughing. But I can say this much...what you see is what you get. I am me...and I'm going to endeavor to share that uncensored. So, pull up a seat. Enjoy yourself and if I perhaps entertain you feel free to...

Drop a Coin in the Coffee Can


    .

    .

    .

    .

Recent Comments