Gramma-Gramma's Rice Pudding





Simple and comforting, like wrapping up in a big blanket on a chilly Sunday morning. That's how I feel about fresh rice pudding, especially still warm from the oven. Store bought varieties cannot compare, but worry not, it's nearly fail proof to make yourself.

What You'll Need:

- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk -or- 2 cans of coconut milk (not light)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- a 3 quart dish

Yup, that's it! We're being thrifty!

Put all your ingredients into your 3 quart pan or casserole dish.

Now, this is going to sound kind of strange. But fill the rest of the dish with water up to about 1 to 1/2 inch from the top.

Mix again and pop that sucker in the oven at 350°F.

After about 1 hour your pudding should form its first skin. You're going to mix this into the pudding and let it keep baking.

After about 30 minutes your pudding will have been productive and made its second skin. You're going to laugh at its attempts and stir this in as well.

After another 15 - 30 minutes you'll check your pudding for a last time. It should have formed its third skin. This one you're going to leave in place.

Remove the pudding from the oven and let it cool, then proceed to shovel into your feed-hole.


Ta-da!

Just like great grandmother used to make! Enjoy!


A minor edit because I forgot to mention!  My hubby likes to sprinkle nutmeg over the top of his serving sometimes. Other people like to bake raisins into it, but I personally cannot get behind the use of humiliated grapes. 



posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave comments. Please remain civil. .

Newer Post Older Post Home
Telitha Gildersleeve©. Powered by Blogger.

Search

About

Welcome to my little corner of the crazy. I can't promise I will always have something intelligent to say. Or that my wit will always leave you laughing. But I can say this much...what you see is what you get. I am me...and I'm going to endeavor to share that uncensored. So, pull up a seat. Enjoy yourself and if I perhaps entertain you feel free to...

Drop a Coin in the Coffee Can


    .

    .

    .

    .

Recent Comments