Did You Really Just Call Yourself Fat? - A Rant by a Rad Fatty



"Did you really just call yourself fat?" The surprise is palpable.

Yes. Yes I did. 

This was never a secret. 

No amount of layers or "flattering" clothing are going to hide or shrink me. 

For fuck's sake I'm just shy of 5'10" and I take up space

Newsflash: that's ok. 

Queue response. "You're not fat you're <insert platitude here>." 

Bitches I never said I wasn't beautiful, amazing, talented, loving, and a general kick ass person. 

I KNOW I am majestic as fuck! I am an Amazon! These thighs could kill a man (or woman. Not really particular who's brave enough to take them on *brow waggle*).

I AM fat. It's not an insult, it's not the commentary on my character and personality that society would like to make it. It's just a descriptor. 

My rolls are as generous as my heart and both are beautiful. So why the Hell would I try to pretend I am lesser in any way or accept when others do? 

And to those thinking it, please spare me the "glorifying obesity" shtick. I know it's embedded pretty far up your ass, but you too can learn that every body deserves love and acceptance no matter where it is on its journey. 

You don't know how healthy I am or am not just by looking at me. You only know I'm fat. And I'm ok with that. 

I wasted ENTIRELY too long hating myself, let alone caring about what the rest of the world thought. And sure there are still shitty days it all gets to me. But I'm not into being my own enemy. That doesn't help any of us my beauties! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave comments. Please remain civil. .

Newer Post Older Post Home
Telitha Gildersleeve©. Powered by Blogger.

Search

About

Welcome to my little corner of the crazy. I can't promise I will always have something intelligent to say. Or that my wit will always leave you laughing. But I can say this much...what you see is what you get. I am me...and I'm going to endeavor to share that uncensored. So, pull up a seat. Enjoy yourself and if I perhaps entertain you feel free to...

Drop a Coin in the Coffee Can


    .

    .

    .

    .

Recent Comments