Found My Soap Box Again!

I talk a lot about hate. How I dislike the word. How I feel it's too strong. Some get tired of hearing me, I'm sure. But I'm afraid it's a soap box I just can't step down from.

Secret Six by TeamSeaSlug13 on DA

This is Kathryn...and she is beautiful. I see kids like her, far too often...hurting and feeling lost. And it baffles me, how someone can hate them without even knowing them. Hate them for something they don't approve of, or understand.

I understand that there are differences in opinions and belief systems. Everyone is entitled to believe what they want to, that is the beauty of freedom. But why must difference in opinion lead so often to hate? Hate is too strong, and too damaging. To those it's directed toward and those harboring it. 



Look at this girl. How has she wronged someone so terribly? To be told she doesn't even deserve to live! Look at her face, the tears in her eyes. How can anyone out there, have lost so much compassion that they can deny she is just as much a person as they. 


She is a living, loving human being and she deserves better. 


Some teenagers aren't as strong as Kathryn. They don't speak up. They listen to those spreading hate, and they take their own lives. Too many of our youth feel like there's no other choice. That life doesn't get better. That there's no hope for change. It breaks my heart how much potential has been lost along with them.


We have to stop it. It doesn't matter your race, religion, or sexuality. People are people. And people deserve to live, to be happy, to have rights. 


Dan Pearce said it better than I ever can in his now iconic blog: I'm Christian Unless You're Gay

I urge everyone out there to read this, regardless of what your personal beliefs are. Your own beliefs aren't compromised because you let someone feel like a human being.  

Please stop the hate.







posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave comments. Please remain civil. .

Newer Post Older Post Home
Telitha Gildersleeve©. Powered by Blogger.

Search

About

Welcome to my little corner of the crazy. I can't promise I will always have something intelligent to say. Or that my wit will always leave you laughing. But I can say this much...what you see is what you get. I am me...and I'm going to endeavor to share that uncensored. So, pull up a seat. Enjoy yourself and if I perhaps entertain you feel free to...

Drop a Coin in the Coffee Can


    .

    .

    .

    .

Recent Comments