Tie-dyed Cake


So, for reasons I wont' get into right at this moment I can't have chocolate anymore. I absolutely mourn the loss of dark chocolate cake I used to make. Anyway, I've been looking for something to make up for this tragic loss. With some perusing I came across the following white cake recipe: Heavenly White Cake

I cannot resist dying white things (ask my poor papillon mix)! So I split the dough into six parts. I then splattered them at random into cake pans and swirled a knife for the tie-dye effect. It's fairly simple to do. After you've dispersed your dough drag a butter knife in circles from the center going outward. Then drag the knife in lines from edge to center like a spider web. They baked up fairly well as you can see.
I whipped up a simple cream cheese icing to top it with. But considering how epic the cake inside was I needed to make the top pretty too! My hubby was enamored with the tie-dye effect I did on it.

All I used was liquid food coloring, a small paintbrush and a knife. I retrospect it would have been easier to "paint" on once the icing was set. My method worked the dye into the frosting.

I started with a purple dot in the center, swirled in. And then made circles with the brush and more drops of dye going from the center outward. After that I did pretty much the same thing I had with the dough, but a few more times making it a little messier.

The moment of truth was cutting into it after dinner! Look at those colors!

The only thing I would change about the recipe in the future is that it calls for almond extract...I'd leave it out. It's delish, don't get me wrong! But it reminds me of eating a sugar cookie turned into a cake. Or vaguely of a poppy seed muffin.







Hubby couldn't stop commenting on how with each bite his brain thought he was eating play dough. Haha! 







posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave comments. Please remain civil. .

Newer Post Older Post Home
Telitha Gildersleeve©. Powered by Blogger.

Search

About

Welcome to my little corner of the crazy. I can't promise I will always have something intelligent to say. Or that my wit will always leave you laughing. But I can say this much...what you see is what you get. I am me...and I'm going to endeavor to share that uncensored. So, pull up a seat. Enjoy yourself and if I perhaps entertain you feel free to...

Drop a Coin in the Coffee Can


    .

    .

    .

    .

Recent Comments